Saturday, August 15, 2009

Plenty of Free Time

For the past week I have been working on a mitten pattern that fits my hands perfectly. After a couple of frogged starts, I think I got the fit right.
I had some commercially processed roving with a little sparkle to it. I spun it into a 3-ply but there's too much twist and the yarn feels rough and scratchy and I'm having doubts that I'll ever use it for anything.

I've been spinning the "Sweater's worth" batts that I carded earlier in the summer. I'm determined to finish tonight. Not too keen on the color so I just want to get it done and move on to something else. Tonight is probably my last night in Helena. Then I'll be in Great Falls for 2 weeks before I move to Seattle. I'm just waiting on one baby so there's plenty of time to spin and knit.


No comments: