Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sewing Woven Wool






I'm attempting to make a lined vest out of a nice gray wool that I've had for a while. I'm using a simplicity pattern and it's taking more concentration than the most difficult knitting pattern. I can't focus if someone in the house is talking to me. The kids started school this week so I did have a chance to work on it. All I have left to do is the button holes. I'm going to start searching for some buttons later today if I have time. Earlier this morning I was in Bozeman and I had a little time to kill so I stopped into the Montana Woolen Shop. The place is huge and it SMELLS like wool. If you can't get to Bozeman in person you can check out www.montanawoolenshop.com. They had a great selection of wool fabric and I purchased 2 yards from the remnant bin. Outside they had a really cool metal sculpture of a woman weaving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Traci! Wow... you are very talented. The Black Eyed Susan died yard is beautiful. Let me know if you need more... we've got a whole bunch in Craig. With the cold weather I had to do some digging to find Margo's hats - found the one you made her; she's darling in it! Thank you!
Do my comments make me popular, too? - Shannon G.