Friday, August 29, 2008

I Love Cormo





I have been spinning for a few years now and I have tried almost every type of fiber. I guess I saved the best for last. I love Cormo. I bought half of a fleece at the Montana Association of Weavers and Spinners Conference this summer. One of the vendors was selling it. The fleece came with a pamphlet from the American Cormo Sheep Association which you can find on the web at http://www.cormosheep.com/. I carefully washed the aligned locks and used a salad spinner to get the water out. I didn't own a flick carder so I bought on from http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/. I like flick carding much more than regular hand carding. After the little locks were flick carded, I spun them into a 2-ply yarn. It's so soft, you could make baby clothes out of this stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great site tracy!! I love the photography-really nice shots of the wool and dyed yarn. This is another reason why you should head over hear-there is a huge textile arts community in Sweden-especially on gotland which is my fav spot. And please tell carm to stop growing-she is looking far too tall and sophisticated...xoxo t

Anonymous said...

whoops-'here', not 'hear'...