Sunday, March 18, 2012

Arctic Diamond Stole

 This pattern is from a 2006 issue of Interweave Knits.  It's called Arctic Diamond Stole by Donna Druchunas. The yarn, as I had mentioned before, is alpaca from Peru--something from my stash. I just recently started knitting lace and I'm learning as I go. This time I learned that I should invest in some blocking wires. Using pins did not give me a straight edge.
 This project had a mistake right in the middle.  I guess I dropped a stitch.
 I did a little creative repair, making one stitch and weaving in both ends.
It actually worked! You can't even tell it was there.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I have loved that pattern since I first saw it and it really is beautiful in Alpaca.
I couldn't live without my blocking wires :-)

annmarie said...

it's beautiful and your repair job is perfect! :)
blocking wires are a great investment if you plan on knitting more lace.