Friday, September 19, 2008

What I'm knitting now.

When you spin you have a lot of time to think about what you want to make with the yarn. Even if you had a plan for it when you started, by the end you may have been enlightened to a new and improved use. As I was spinning the orange Cotswold I was day-dreaming about taking a road trip. I thought it would be cool to visits some farms and buy some fleece from people along the way. I would take my camera and laptop to record the journey. Having photos of the actual animals that produced the fiber would be so great.


Then I started worrying about my laptop getting dirty and cold and jostled around on this imaginary trip. Ah-ha! I would knit my laptop a bag to protect it. The fiber I was spinning was of no use for an actual garment that would adorn an actual person. It is soooo scratchy. But it's tough. It would be great to use for the bag.

I searched the Internet for a knitted laptop bag and didn't find anything that I liked. Most laptop bags made of yarn are felted it seemed. So I decided to make up my own pattern. And that's what I'm knitting now.

No comments: