After I scoured the Cotswold I put it in a tin mordant bath. That was two days ago. This whole thing is going really slow. I use my kitchen for dyeing. (I know, I know...but I have no other water and sink source.) So this little project has been smellin' up the place for a while. I wanted to do a pumpkin, fall inspired color. I had some madder around for dye stuff and I have never tried it. I used a tin mordant so I'll be more likely to get orange. I soaked the madder root over night. Then I added the fleece to the dye bath. I'm not happy with how light it turned out. Of course I know why----not enough dye stuff. I'm going to give it a little longer on some low heat and see if it darkens up. I'll probably end up over-dyeing it because I don't like pastel color at all.