Monday, December 28, 2015

The future's so bright...




The year is ending and I wanted to make a blog post before it did. Although I did a lot of knitting this year, I didn't blog about much of it. There were the little knitting and spinning projects that I took on my hikes that were documented in a few photos. I made two Icelandic sweaters, one for my student midwife.  I gobbled up 7 pounds of hand spun to make a blanket.  I made a few hats and pairs of mittens that were never photographed or mentioned after they were done.  There was very little spinning in 2015.

2015 was all about WORK. We bought our short-sale fixer-upper and moved in at the beginning of 2015. Everything functions at home now, but it still has a bit of a gutted-out look. No trim around windows, no baseboards, and no tile in the kitchen.  It's quite a project but we love our new home.

I also attended 64 births. This doesn't include all of the people I took care of who transferred to the hospital in early labor.  Regarding babies, it's the busiest year I've had in the last decade.

I don't do resolutions but I know some general things that I want to do in 2016. I just joined the Seattle Mountaineers and I plan to do some non-technical mountain climbing. I joined a gym called the Seattle Bouldering Project and I plan on getting a stronger body. As for knitting, I think my next thing will be stranded work. I hadn't really done much of that and I just learned how to pick and throw at the same time, alternating colors (see Latvian hat above).
2016, I'm ready for you!



No comments: