Friday, February 12, 2010

Joy Sliding Hook Flyer Review

I got a call on 1/29 saying my new flyer was in at Weaving Works so I went down there and dropped $82.13 ($75.00 plus tax) on it.
I took one look at it and put it back in the box and then left it in my car for over a week. My plan was to get my money back. I had tried to find some reviews or information on-line before I purchased it, but I couldn't find anything. I thought it was like a Woolee Winder---sadly it's not. I kept changing my mind--keep it, take it back, keep it, take it back. I decided to give it a chance.

It screwed on just like the other flyer. I had to adjust the fishing wire and springs, but that was no big deal. I had already spun 2 full bobbins of singles. I used the new flyer to ply the singles. In the end, the new bobbin was not even full! It does hold a lot of yarn.

This is definatly an upgrade for my wheel. Is it worth $75.00? Probably not. But I think I will keep it anyway since thrift and practicality have gone by the wayside.
By the way, I love love love the knitted hats worn by the US Olympic Team!



No comments: