Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tunisian Crochet

My friend Jasmine said, "Hey, have you ever seen this?" and proceeded to show me a little sample of Tunisian Crochet. She got out a hook and whipped up a little 3" square in no time. I was shaking my head "No". No, I have never seen it. No, I don't believe there's another thing that one can do with yarn. No, I don't have time for ANOTHER fiber craft even if it's super simple. No.

Excepting that fact that I was fascinated, I went out the next day a purchased one of the long knitting needle/crochet hook hybrid things that I would need to get started. After reading an article from Interweave Crochet and watching at a few videos on youtube I set out to make something. I went through 3 different yarns before I figured out that I'd need a thinner yarn or a bigger hook. I've never been too fond of crochet, but this is really fun.

2 comments:

mandy said...

I know what you mean by no time for more, but seriously this is really pretty!

Window Cleaning Ironville said...

Appreciatte you blogging this