Friday, July 10, 2009

Fiber Prep Time

I'm going to spend the next few weeks prepping all my fleece so they will be ready to spin. Why? Because I'm moving back to Seattle. I'm not sure where I'll be living there, but there's no guarantee that I'll have the space to process a whole fleece. I might end up in an apartment or townhouse or someplace without the space to wash a big stinky fleece. We will see. Life is always an adventure.
The other factor in why I'm processing all my raw fleece now is I'll need something to spin while I'm in Montana without my family. My husband and kids are going out to Seattle 3-4 weeks before me because my husband starts his new job in August. I, however, will still be working in Montana until The first week of Sept. I wont be too busy with work so I'll have a lot of time to spin.
I don't really like the idea of storing raw fleece for a really long period of time, so there's another reason to get everything processed. So I'll be blogging about washing and carding this week...if you're in to that.


1 comment:

Bula said...

What? Moving back to Seattle?!? Dish, girl! email me or PM me on Ravelry.